In a message dated 7/26/2005 8:54:31 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Have you read any of the scholarly books and articles by LDS Authors?
Blainer:  Several, but I avoid books like Quinn's, for the simple reason that although he has no-doubt done extensive research, like MANY OTHERS BEFORE HIM,  he allowed himself to get lost in a sea of details, many of which he ascribed meanings to that were not fully justified.  In short, I am afraid he interpreted what he read and saw in the light of his own human frailties and experience, which LED HIM TO SOME WRONG CONCLUSIONS.  It then became a contest of wills, with Quinn refusing to back down even in the face of much evidence that he simply took the wrong slant on issues of import to the LDS Church.   Too bad, the man was definitely smart--maybe too smart for his own good.  His ego definitely got into it, and he lost the power struggle that ensued.