Most definitely

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:22:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re:John 16:13,14

Pitiful.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
To argue that salvation is free but after the initial event, we must obey to maintain this salvation is wrong on several levels:

1..  Such denies the unmeritorious gift of salvation by faith through grace and THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES,  it is the gift of God.

2.   It does not allow for failure  --  we must obey all of the law (cf.  #4)

3.   It creates a system that is essentially the same as that of the Mosaic Covenant.

4.   The blood of Christ, which replaced the continuing sacrifices of bulls and goats, is replaced by
         by repeated confession of sins   ---   the disciple being lost until confession is presented and
         repentance is evidences.

5.    It denies that obedience extend from saving and vital faith  --  demanding a soteriological value be
         attached to works, in and of themselves!!!

6.    It pronounces that what God could not do for man, man must do for himself !!

7.   It denies the need for the exchange of faith for righteousness  (Rom 4).

 JD