What a strange interpretation JD. I guess Esau shouldn't have been so upset over losing what
he held in such low esteem anyway.  So you think Jacob and his mother outfoxed God and that
everyone makes it anyway so they are just one big happy family?

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:20:50 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I believe "the blessing" in v 17 refers to the birthright.  I do not believe Jacob and Esau is about spiritual values or destinies.   I mean -  Jacob and his mother used lies, cunning and deceit to steal the birthright from Esau. Jd

From: David Miller [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No, I do not agree.  "Jacob have I loved, and Esau have I hated."  Profane men do not inherit the kingdom of God.  Furthermore, please look at the context in which Esau is being discussed.  Heb. 12:15 warns men about not failing of the grace of God.

I am speaking of a repentance that might effect one's destiny,  not a repentance that seeks the reversal of a legal (if you will) decision.   Heb. 12:17 speaks of the birthright, not Esua;s eternal destiny --  agreed?  JD

From: David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

JD wrote:
> Does God look to his apparent change of
> heart with any pleasure?  Well, I can't imagine
> God being disappointed in that particular circumstance.
> Does the cross present forgiveness to all of humanity
> except Judas?   Wow  --   that sounds a little incredible
> to me.

Was Judas better than Esau?

Hebrews 12:16-17
(16) Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one
morsel of meat sold his birthright.
(17) For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the
blessing, he was rejected: for HE FOUND NO PLACE OF REPENTANCE, THOUGH HE
SOUGHT IT CAREFULLY WITH TEARS.

Proverbs 28:5
(5) Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand
all things.