First you complain about spending the money on the war, and then you say you are not comforted by the fact that the money is going into our economy.  (So what’s the beef?)  You have correctly stated that the money was never spent on the things you say the money could have been spent on instead.  (So what’s the beef?)  You complain that when we fight a war, suddenly the money is there.  If you find out that you have a life-threatening cancer that needs cutting out, don’t you get it done whether or not the money is “there”?  It’s all about self defense.  (Remember “9-11”???)  BTW, pork and graft are the main elements in D.C. social programs that you wish we had more of. (So wake up!) izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 7:44 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] War or peace

It is no secret that our type of economy is a wartime economy.  I believe that this fact was  a driving force in the initial phases of the Vietnam War.   I am not comforted by the remark "This money is going into our economy ..."  If I were going to make some sort of argument from those numbers, I would say some thing to to this effect:   we have needed these dollars for the items listed for years and years.  They are never allocated.   But when we fight a war,  suddenly the money is there.  When we speak of the "economy,"  I beleive that we included a thing called "pork" and another little item called "graft."

JD