-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:31:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Humanity of Jesus

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:59:52 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Ah, an appropriately poetic beginning to Book Two for TruthTalk.
It has occurred to me that sectarianism  --  whether religious or secular  -
has as it's source of life the critical nature.

jt: Sectarianism is a religious spirit in the church jd and in politics it's the
name of the game.  If you have been following the blame-game that has risen from this
disaster, then you will know what I am talking about.  If, on the other hand, you noted
my signature and then read the post with a view to defeat what was written,  you
will completely miss the point of my post.   It is the bickering and divisive talk that is
abhorrent, Judy  --------------   whether political talk or religious.   " name of the game" does not make it right.

Such is more than obvious in the increasing political stinch that is a part of
the aftermath of Katrina.  "Obvious" I say when it is political

jt: I don't see the church making this political jd; in fact the churches were
the first to be there on the ground with aid and in MS they are still about the
only ones there from what I hear.  Ppl helping ppl is what makes my heart glad.
I was not referring to the church at work.   You might try reading with a view to
understanding.

What keeps such from being obvious in the religious world is this thing called bias.
We all suffer bias as a part of who we are.

jt: Maybe as who we WERE but not as who we ARE in Christ because there is
no division in Him.  He is the one who broke down the wall of separation.
The conduct of all on TT  --  including you, Judy T  --   is evidence that bias continues.
Bias is unavoidable OBVIOUSLY but needs to be recognized for the barrier that it can be.

But we can agree to treat it as an enemy, work to escape the blindness it offers,
and trample under foot the resulting partisan spirit that keeps us apart.

jt: What exactly is "IT" jd.  How do you define IT?    In my post , it is "bias."

The prayer in the garden was for a unity that paralleled that of Father and Son.
Until "unity" is experienced on an ontological level, it does not really exist for the sainted.

jt: I know Jesus didn't speak about "ontology" in the garden jd.  You need to let go
of this mixture because it is when that we say what Jesus/God says that we will be
one fulfilling the prayer in the garden.  He most definitely did speak of "ontology."  That state of existent unity that defined the relationship of the Father to the Son (an ontological state) is the very same definition of unity we are to have with each other.

"I pray they will be one even as we are one ..."

jt: Yes, this is the end of the instruction - LOVE from a PURE heart. These are the
ones who make it.  We are perfected BY ANOTHER, Judy  ----   not because of our own efforts.   Why wait for personal perfecting to express the unity that Jesus desired for his disciples.
Time will tell.  JD

 JD

But oh mama, ain't you gonna miss your best friend now?
You're gonna have to find yourself
Another best friend, somehow.

Now, don't you try an' move me,
You're just gonna lose.
There's a crash on the levee
And, mama, you've been refused.
Well, it's sugar for sugar
And salt for salt,
If you go _down in the flood_,
It's gonna be your own fault.
Oh mama, ain't you gonna miss your best friend now?
You're gonna have to find yourself
Another best friend, somehow.

Well, that high tide's risin',
Mama, don't you let me down.
Pack up your suitcase,
Mama, don't you make a sound.
Now, it's king for king,
Queen for queen,
It's gonna be the meanest flood
That anybody's seen.
Oh mama, ain't you gonna miss your best friend now?
Yes, you're gonna have to find yourself
Another best friend, somehow.
Bob Dylan ::  Copyright/s © 1967, 1995

===

 (for Charley Patton):

_High water risin'_ - risin' night and day
All the gold and silver are being stolen away
Big Joe Turner lookin' East and West
From the dark room of his mind
He made it to Kansas City
Twelfth Street and Vine
Nothing standing there
High water everywhere

High water risin', the shacks are slidin' down
Folks lose their possessions - folks are leaving town
Bertha Mason shook it - broke it
Then she hung it on a wall
Says, "You're dancin' with whom they tell you to
Or you don't dance at all."
It's tough out there
High water everywhere

I got a cravin' love for blazing speed
Got a hopped up Mustang Ford
Jump into the wagon, love, throw your panties overboard
I can write you poems, make a strong man lose his mind
I'm no pig without a wig
I hope you treat me kind
Things are breakin' up out there
High water everywhere

High water risin', six inches 'bove my head
Coffins droppin' in the street
Like balloons made out of lead
Water pourin' into Vicksburg, don't know what I'm going to do
"Don't reach out for me," she said
"Can't you see I'm drownin' too?"
It's rough out there
High water everywhere

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
"You can't open your mind, boys
To every conceivable point of view."
They got Charles Darwin trapped out there on Highway Five
Judge says to the High Sheriff,
"I want him dead or alive
Either one, I don't care."
High Water everywhere

The Cuckoo is a pretty bird, she warbles as she flies
I'm preachin' the Word of God
I'm puttin' out your eyes
I asked Fat Nancy for something to eat, she said, "Take it off the shelf -
As great as you are a man,
You'll never be greater than yourself."
I told her I didn't really care
High water everywhere

I'm getting' up in the morning - I believe I'll dust my broom
Keeping away from the women
I'm givin' 'em lots of room
Thunder rolling over Clarksdale, everything is looking blue
I just can't be happy, love
Unless you're happy too
It's bad out there
High water everywhere
Bob Dylan :: Copyright © 2001 Special Rider Music