DAVEH:   This topic fascinates me, as I'm very curious as to why the Protestants have such a limited (from my perspective) view of the Fall.  But for me to offer my thoughts on this event would be seen as poisoning the well by some TTers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Anyone care to have a real discussion  ???  I am still working on the "fall" of man.   Man is created out of the dust of the earth and returns to same when he dies.  He was created as a mortal  -  thus the tree of life is found in the garden.   I assume they ate of that tree up until the time they sinned or there was no point to the tree being there except for the story teller to reveal that A&E were driven from the garden because of the tree and what it offered.

The accounting of their temptation-to-sin reflects the very same process as exists in our lives.

There is no indication within the text that their nature or essence changed.

So why should I conclude that the fall included more than the record of the first sin event.

Virtually everyone I know and respect thinks there is more to the fall than the sin event.   Why?

I get a little nervous when I realize that I am the only one who thinks a particular thing.   Help.

JD

--
Dave Hansen