SPACED OUT or Inspired you decide:

Space Missionary O B Huntington said "In my Patriarchal blessing, given by the father of Joseph the Prophet, in Kirtland, 1837, I was told that I would preach the gospel to the inhabitants upon the islands of the sea, and -- to the inhabitants of the moon, even the planet you can now behold with your eyes." Young Women's Journal 3:263,264

O B identified joe as the bestower of this blessing. "I lay my hands on thee & bless thee with a father's blessing ... thou shalt be called to preach the gospel to this generation ... before thou art twenty-one thou wilt be called to preach the fullness of the gospel, thou shalt have power with God even to translate thyself to heaven, & preach to the inhabitants of the moon or planets, if it shall be expedient. ..." Patriarchal Blessings Books, 9:294,295

Philo Dibble "The inhabitants of the moon are of more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the earth, being about 6 feet in height. They dress very much like the Quaker style and are quite general in style, or the one fashion of dress. They live to be very old; coming generally, near a thousand years. This is the description of them given by Joseph the Seer, and he could "See" whatever he asked the Father in the name of Jesus to see. I heard him say that "he could ask what he would ask of the Father in the name of Jesus and it would be granted" and I have no no more doubt of it than I have that the mob killed him." Utah State Historical Society, typescript, p. 166

joe's brother Hyrum said "...every star that we see is a world and is inhabited the same as this world is peopled. The sun & moon is inhabited & the stars. ...The stars are inhabited the same as this earth."  BYU Studies 18:177

A number of individuals did receive patriarchal blessings saying they would be missionaries on the moon.
And who can forget that great hymn of the SPACE TRAVELLER
(is verse one about OB the first missionary to outer space?)
If You Could Hie to Kolob, 284 - William W. Phelps

1. If you could hie to Kolob In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward With that same speed to fly,
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?

2. Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”

3. The works of God continue, And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter; There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit; There is no end to race.

4. There is no end to virtue; There is no end to might;
There is no end to wisdom; There is no end to light.
There is no end to union; There is no end to youth;
There is no end to priesthood; There is no end to truth.

5. There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above.
There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above.

Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Now that man has walked on the Moon, there can be no doubt that there aren't any 6 foot tall Quakers roaming its surface.

Maybe they were missed because they were on the dark side

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
More delusional statements made by Mormon leadership.... (see fact #17)

FACT #6. Mormons consider Polygamy a righteous principle which will be practiced in heaven.
Although there is nothing in the Bible that will support this thinking, current Mormon Scripture has this to say: "...if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent, and if he espose the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no adultery. . . . And if he have TEN VIRGINS given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery. . . ." (Doctrine and Covenants 132:61,62)

FACT #10. Mormon leaders demand total obedience regardless whether they are right or wrong.
The ward teacher's message for June, 1945, stated: "When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan -- it is God's plan." (Improvement Era, June 1945, p. 354)
Herber C. Kimball, First Councilor to Brigham Young, clarifies further: "But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p.32)
The Bible warns us in I John 4:1: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

FACT #12. Mormon Apostle Bruce R. McConkie has warned his people against a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus.
McConkie made these shocking statements at a speech given at BYU. "...gaining a special, personal relationship with Christ that is both improper and perilous. . . . Now, I know that some may be offended and the counsel that they should not strive for a special and personal relationship with Christ. . . .But you been warned, and you have heard the true doctrine taught." (Church News, week ending March 20, 1982, p.5)
In opposition to this, Jesus gives us a personal invitation: "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

FACT #16. Brigham Young claimed that these who leave the Mormon Church would turn "wrinkled" and "black."
The following curse was pronounced by Brigham Young: ". . .but let them apostatize,and they will become gray-haired, wrinkled, and black, just like the Devil." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 332)
There have been tens of thousands of people leave the Mormon Church -- Where are the "black and wrinkled" ones?

FACT #17. Joseph Smith taught the moon was inhabited by people who dressed like Quakers and lived to be about 1000 years old.
In the Mormon publication, The Young Woman's Journal, pp. 263 & 264, O.B. Huntington gives this interesting information: "As far back as 1837, I know that he [Joseph Smith] said the moon was inhabited by men and women the the same as this earth, and that they lived to a greater age than we do -- that they live generally to near the age of 1000 years. He [Smith] described the men as averaging near six feet in height, and dressing quite uniformly in something near the Quaker style."