It is an important detail you bring up here DM.

It will be interesting then to see if some other group would be the True church and did they practice LDS doctrine DH?

Could it be AnaBaptist?
Waldensians?
RCC have been eliminated from consideration since they did not exist till many generations after the start of the church.

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin wrote:
>> Also, I am interested in what doctrines you believe
>> the protestants retained from the RCC

DAVEH:
> Trinity Doctrine

Why should this be surprising to you? The Trinity Doctrine came about long
before the Roman Catholic Church did. Even some of the other Mormon sects
accept the Trinity, and so did some of the LDS leaders in the early days of
the LDS.