Izzy wrote:

According to DM's viewpoint, the adulterous woman who
divorced her husband for another is free, in God's opinion,
of adultery whenever her first husband rightfully remarries
someone else.  This makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Bingo! You got my point, but you missed the fact that I was not presenting my viewpoint. Rather, I was explaining the kind of result Terry's viewpoint leads us toward. I was hoping for the conclusion to be seen by Terry, "this makes no sense..."

Izzy wrote:
David are you saying you actually agree with the RCC
gobbledygook about annulments??? ANYONE can get
an annulment in the RCC if they have the bucks to pay
for it.

No, I do not agree with the RCC's annulment system. That is why I keep pointing to it with Terry. His perspective leads to this annulment system that the Roman Catholics have.

Izzy wrote:
And regarding the civil laws of divorce, I agree with Terry.
Just because the civil law says you are divorced and free
to remarry, this is not necessarily correct in God's opinion.

Agreed. From God's ultimate perspective, the two are one flesh and should never divorce. But, because of the hardness of men's hearts....