Why is it that mormons like you, Dave, aren't alarmed by these contradictions?

DAVEH:   Because LDS folks like me don't view them as contradictions, Perry.   Instead, we view your understanding to be in error.  Clearly the Bible does show that man can see God.  If you fail to understand that concept, then you will never understand why LDS folks don't see it as a contradiction.

Charles Perry Locke wrote:
Dave,

Moses cannot see God and live in the Bible, but he can in the PoGP!

Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

MOS 1:2 And he saw God face to face, and he talked with him, and  the  glory of God was upon Moses; therefore Moses could endure his presence.

Dave, how can this be? The revelation to JS in the PoGP contradicts the Bible!!! Which is correct? I have my opinion, of course! And that is that if the moses of mormonism saw the mormon god's face and lived, we must have a different god, for no one can see the face of the God of the Bible and live!

I have read only the first few verses of the book of Moses in the Pearl of Greast Price (one of the mormon standard works consisting of revelation to JS from god, right?), and already have found two glaring contradictions!!! Why should I read further?

Why is it that mormons like you, Dave, aren't alarmed by these contradictions?

Perry

--
 Dave Hansen