From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:45:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] corrector/revisor

So another words the best indicator of whether we are getting closer to the Original Form of the text is by how defiled they are!

The more corrupt are their Natures the closer we are to the Original Form of your god!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 I know this is confusing to some who are reading this debate.   Maybe I will take time to present a reader-friendly brief article on this.

Here are some facts.   There are four "families" of    documents that support the biblical text.   Alexandrian, Syrian, something else and Byzantine.   The latter is the more recent.  The Byzantine family of docs include about 85% of all the evidence for the biblical text and are dated between 300 and 1400 or so.  The other three families are first and second  century documents.   They will be "more corrupted" as Kevin likes to say because they were written by the early disciples of Christ who may or may not have had a grand educational background.

The Byzantine documents were the possession and production of the Eastern Church, for the most part.   Its bishopric and scribes  translated unknown (for the most part -- or lost) greek documents into Latin, Gothic, Syrian and the like.   Just as English bibles are translations, so is the Vulgate and other manuscripts within this Byzantine family.   The Church fathers quoted from this family of documents  --  after 300 AD.

Translators are needed to restore the Byzantine documents.   Textual critics are needed to restore the earlier and greek documents  ......................   a much more difficult job.

JD