From: Dean Moore <cd_moore@earthlink.net>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:12:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Romans 1:18-32 and beyond-JD

cd: In verse 28 God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things mentioned in v.29-he takes the gift of understand (discernment) away from those people mentioned in v.27. So then v29 is the result of v.27.
Consider what Adam Clark has to say on the matter:
Rom 1:28 -
They did not like to retain God - It would, perhaps, be more literal to translate ??? ed???µasa?, They Did Not Search to retain God in their knowledge. They did not examine the evidences before them (Rom_1:19, Rom_1:20) of his being and attributes; therefore God gave them over to a Reprobate mind, e?? ad???µ?? ????, to an Unsearching or undiscerning mind; for it is the same word in both places. They did not reflect on the proofs they had of the Divine nature, and God abandoned them to the operations of a mind incapable of reflection. How men of such powers and learning, as many of the Greek and Roman philosophers and poets really were, could reason so inconsecutiv ely concerning things moral and Divine is truly astonishing. But here we see the hand of a just and avenging God; they abused their powers, and God deprived them of the right use of these powers.