I see this Philosophy as the same as PC Tolerance
Should we call SIN by it's name?
Should we call a Spade a Spade?
Is a Cultist to be called so?
How about False Teachers?
False Prophets?
For Instance, Nice Christians DO NOT call them Sodomites like the Bible does!
Should we call you a Christian? Only positive name calling allowed?
This Philosophy provides a breeding ground for False Teachings and therefore these very same False teachers are the BIGGEST proponents of such.
Don't Judge ya know!

Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What do I think? Well, I still think both the "barf" reference and the
"Jezebel" reference are ad hominem references.

One aspect of the meaning on "jezebel" may include a characteristic that you
feel applies to Judy, but since there are many dimensions to the word, other
uses of the word will undoubtedly come to mind. This is no different than
Lance's saying that Judy would make a good Muslim. While he may feel that
one of the characteristics of muslims applies to Judy, to say that she would
make a good muslim brings to mind many other undesirable characteristics.

Did you like it when Jim Elsman called you "butterball"? There may of been
some nuance of that which Elsman felt was true, but I did not feel like it
gave him a right to call you that.

I think it all amounts to name-calling, which is ad-hominem in nature.

Perry