Hardly the kind of atmosphere where faith grows.

Maybe that is why barth Devotes a WHOLE chapter to "DOUBT" in Evangelical THEOLOGY

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 07:36:51 -0700 "Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Judy, let's assume that we could take all the words you've posted to TT and bind them together in a book. What would it number, say, maybe 9000 pages? Would a single one of them be worth reading? What were you attempting to do with those words, if not to unfold the revealed word attested in the Bible? You see, Judy, you still think that everyone is doing theology except you. Okay, please tell me what it is you think you are doing.

Fellowshipping with other "believers" on an internet forum; and speaking God's truth with others who seek to walk in it?

You will try in vain to get me into an argument over Karl Barth. I just simply won't do it. If you are interested in the man, then read his works or the works of his students; they are manifest and quite approachable. If not then please move on. None of the criticisms you share are new or revelatory. Unless you have been living in a bath tub, you, along with millions of other Christians, have been well-misinformed about this man.  Bill

So you are not prepared to give account for the hope that is in you with regard to Barth Bill?  Everything I have read about him so far has been dialectic and nothing is definitive.  Hardly the kind of atmosphere where faith grows.

Bill writes: "It will take many years, I'm sure, before Barth will be allowed to speak for himself to the conservative community. In the meantime Evangelical Christians will be missing out on one of the greatest voices the Church has ever known.
I'm curious about what you find so great Bill...  What does Barth say in the more than 9,000 pages of his Dogmatic that we can not learn through the grace and mercy of God from His Own Word?  Was Barth inspired or misguided in his belief that the "task of theology is to unfold the revealed word attested in the Bible" when Jesus' own Words teach us that this is the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of those who believe and follow Him?
The very size of the Dogmatics.
Mascall said that it takes so much time to read this theologian of the word that no time is left to read the Word itself. His (Barth's) style is majestic, and difficult.
From 1932 to 1967 he (Barth) worked on his Church Dogmatics, a multivolume work that was unfinished at his death. It consists of 13 parts in four volumes, running altogether to more than 9,000 pages. Although he changed some of his early positions, he continued to maintain that the task of theology is to unfold the revealed word attested in the Bible, and that there is no place for natural theology or the influence of non-Christian religions. His theology depended on a distinction between the Word (i.e., God's self-revelation as concretely manifested in Christ) and religion.

                                         judyt
He that says "I know Him" and doesn't keep His Commandments
                              is a liar (1 John 2:4)