JSmith sounds like he is trying to paraphrase real scriptures, but he has twisted the meaning in the process.  The Sabbath, among other things, is not complete.  Just as half of the OT festivals have already been fulfilled by Jesus , the other half have not yet been fulfilled, but they foretell what He is going to do.  Sabbath rest is, I believe, looking forward to the day when Christ reigns in the millennium on the earth—when all the earth will be a peace and rest; complete in Him.  The world labors six thousand years, and rests in Him during the 7th thousand years.  That’s one thing the Sabbath rest reminds us of—we joyfully look forward to that day when the lion lies down with the lamb and the earth is a peace. Meantime, we celebrate a little glimpse of that Kingdom rest during our busy week, and contemplate what He has already done to help us enter into that peace.  iz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:12 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Emailing: sda.htm

In a message dated 12/4/2005 4:51:05 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Where’d you get that quote—Jsmith? iz

-therefore it hath an end in me.

Blainerb

Izzy, I can see you will not accept anything from Joseph Smith or whatever from Mormon writings, but let's just reason together, OK?

Just ask yourself this question:    if I pay you an agreed upon sum for a car, isn't the deal ended when I pay up?  In other words, If I make a deal, or, a contract (covenant), between myself and another person, once the terms of the contract have been fulfilled, wouldn't that end it?? Likewise, why would there be any need to continue a covenant/law that was, in the first place, given to teach of Jesus Christ, if the covenant/law was fulfilled in Him?  It should be a forgone conclusion that the law will end upon its being fulfilled.  If it has done its job, why continue with it?  See below, if you have the stomach for reading Mormon's record of the sayings of Jesus Christ to the American-based children of Israel:

3 Nephi 12:17; 15:3-5 Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets.  I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. . . .  Behold, I am he that gave the law, and I am he that covenanted with my people Israel;  Therefore, the law in me is fulfilled, for I have come to fulfill the law.  Therefore it hath an end (in me).

If you have read this far, maybe you might read further (you might as well, since you're almost through anyway :>)

"3 Nephi 9:18-20   I am the light and the life of the world . . .

And ye shall offer up unto me no more the shedding of blood; yea, your sacrifices and burnt offerings shall be done away, for I will accept none of your sacrifices or burnt offerings.

And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit . . .