We have been watching the news lately, plus getting some stuff by e-mail, and it seems that the world we once knew is no longer to be found. It is bad enough when all the big merchants, such as Wal Mart, Sears, Target and home depot stop advertising Christmas sales and start advertising "Holiday sales". When you walk in the stores you are greeted by salespeople with "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons greetings". Target stores went so far as to run the Salvation army off it's property. No buckets or bell ringers there anymore. This sounds like where the preachers and banners proclaiming Christ should be, but then you must remember that the reason these stores are there is not to proclaim Christ, but to make money. If they mentioned Christ mas, it would only be lip service.

Besides that, we need to get the beam out of our own eye before we try to remove the speck from their's. It seems that since Christmas falls on Sunday this year, that many churches will not have services "So that people can spend time with their families". That, to me, is soooo stupid. Why not take the family to church? What am I missing here? The words of Jesus keep running through my mind. "If you do not love me more than mother or father, sister or brother (Family), you cannot be Mine.

Do the rest of you get worked up or nauseous over this? Is there something here I don't see? Am I too critical? Your thoughts?
Terry