From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Perry wrote:
> > Now, my question to you...how do
> > I determine if it was the Holy Spirit
> > giving me the understanding, or if it
> > was all in my head?
>
> If you have to ask, then I suspect it was all just in your head. The
> Scriptures say that my sheep know my voice. Nevertheless, sometimes the
> Spirit is such a gentleman in his speech that we do not realize until later
> that it was the Spirit speaking to us. Therefore, I would not dismiss it
> completely based upon uncertainty alone.
>
> There are various ways to test a revelation:
>
> 1. Our own familiarity with the voice of the Spirit, as I just explained
> (my sheep know my voice). In practical terms, what does this mean

especially when you admit that the voice may not be immediately famliar.

as it applies to test for revelation.   As I see it, this kind of undefined

subjectivity is meaningless as a test for revelation.

> 2. The presence of the fruit that comes with it, described in James
> 3:13-18. If a person runs off with a revelation filled with strife and
> envy, then that revelation was not from the Holy Spirit.

are you saying that a prophet cannot be an imperfect individual.

Abraham lied.  Moses demonstrated an anti-God pride.  Samson

couldn't keep his hands off women.   Jonah was unrepentant and

rebellious.   Peter denied the Lord and gave in to the Legalists of

his day.

> 3. The witness of our conscience. Again,  a test for revelation ??
>
> 4. Our ability to have faith in the revelation with 100% certainty.
> Sometimes our unwillingness to believe interferes with this, so the converse
> of this, or our inability to believe, is not determinative. Only our
> ability to believe is helpful. 100% certainty is not observable to anyone

but the prophet, herself  --  and then, it is not a test of revelation from

God.  I don't know how long you have been a Pentecostal  --  but they

(we) get it wrong often !!  yet, we are fully convinced .

5.  The testimony of the spirit bringing the revelation.  For example, if
the same spirit also leads us away from believing that Jesus Christ is come
in the flesh, this would be a false spirit and it likely then brings false
revelation.    Most definitely.

> 6. Conformity and harmony with the Holy Scriptures and any other revelation
> that we know to be true. True.

  7. The witness of other mature spirit-filled believers in Christ. Is this a biblical

notion?

jd