Blaine wrote:
> Let's face it, SPs were not popular even
> among those opposed to the Plaza.

Do you mean, "even among those opposed to the PRIVATIZATION of the Plaza"?

I'm only asking you to consider the ultimate WHY concerning the objection to Street Preachers.  There are many reasons that people state that sound legitimate, but the true reasons are often under the surface.  From my perspective, the motivation of those who supported privatizing the Plaza was power / control and money.  The motivation of the street preachers was none of these things.  They paid out of their own pocket to be there.  Nobody paid them a cent.  I discern no desire on their part to control others.  As far as I can tell, their only motivation was to have their message heard.  That could have been resolved in a less expensive way by inviting the Street Preachers to come indoors in a more orderly forum and deliver their message.  There were many others ways to resolve this matter, and the costly solution arrived at is still not an ultimate solution.