Judy wrote:
> The conflict is in where your faith is rooted Bill;
> the patristic fathers and the scriptures do not agree.

This is not entirely accurate, Judy.  Sometimes the church fathers and the
Scriptures DO agree.

I don't see Bill as having his faith rooted in the church fathers.  Rather,
he considers their views, and he compares the views of modern theologians
too, comparing them with Scripture, and he hopes for the leading of the Holy
Spirit to guide him to the proper understanding of Scripture.

The primary difference between you two, from my perspective, is that you
focus more upon Scripture and the Holy Spirit as your teacher, excluding
other influences.  In contrast, Bill opens himself up a great deal to other
sources of information.