From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
FWIW, from my perspective, Judy believes none of these things.  In fact, she
seems to believe that unregenerated man can choose to believe in Jesus
Christ.  I have a different perspective that I would share with her if there
were not so many other posts flying that take my time to read.  I believe
that it takes a work of the Holy Spirit to draw men and cause them to
believe.

My belief is probably closer to yours than you think. I do not believe in the
"total depravity" taught by Calvinists and I do believe that noone can come
to or believe in Christ unless they are drawn by the Father and I understand
this to happen as the Word of God is preached under the anointing of the
Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
(John 16:8).  So yes, I do believe the unregenerate can make the choice to
believe.

I tend to agree with the perspective that man is regenerated at the
point just before believing because Jesus said that unless one is born
again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  How can an unregenerated man
believe in that which he cannot see?

I believed on and received Jesus at a Street Preacher Rally before I
understood there was a whole Kingdom that came with Him.  Thank you for
periodically giving your assessment DM.  It's encouraging to know that
not everyone reads and builds straw men to challenge what I write.

In any case, I'm sure Judy believes that unregenerated men can decide to
stop doing something that they have been told is wrong.  Unregenerated man
also can decide to do something good, like give money to the poor, etc.  I
do not think Judy would say that Christ stopped being God.  This is a straw
man argument.  Why don't you let her speak for herself rather than trying to
speak for her?