Thanks David,
Just a few notations...

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy, Jesus did not come ONLY to redeem us spiritually, but physically as
well.  Jesus redeemed the whole man, spirit, soul, and body.  The body is
the last thing to experience that redemption, which will be realized in the
resurrection.

He came to make ALL things new - not to leave us as he found us ie:
2 Cor 5:17

The idea that what happened to Christ will happen to us is realized
forcefully by acknowledging that he is indeed one of us.  He is not just our
God.  He is our brother, born of the same flesh.

He called himself the Lord from Heaven and John the Baptist called him
that also saying "He who comes from above is above all" (John 3:31) for
God gives Him the Spirit without measure V.34

Consider Romans 6:5
"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall
be also in the likeness of his resurrection." The same analogy can be made
of many things concerning Christ when we realize that he was a man just like us.

David, I struggled with this early on - that is, the idea that Jesus was just like us.
Today Rom 6:5 is saying to me that we must die to this old sinful flesh nature to
be planted in the likeness of his death and be eligible to be part of His
resurrection.

Consider the following passage:

Hebrews 12:3-4
(3) For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against
himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
(4) Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

The idea that gives an instruction like this power and force is the concept
that he was just like us.  When he resisted sin, he did not have an edge
over us that was any different than what we have.

What was the sin he resisted to the shedding of blood?  Laying his physical
life down voluntarily to take on the sin of the whole world at the cross.  I've
never had to make a choice like that one so far.  Have you?

Therefore, even as he resisted sin to the shedding of his own blood, so too
we can find strength to do the same.  We know this when we realize that he
was made in the likeness of the same sinful flesh as we have, yet he resisted
the temptations of that flesh and did not succomb to it.

I have never taken comfort in that David. The comfort I receive comes from
the fact that when God raised him from the dead he led captivity captive and
gave gifts to men.  I have access to and faith in the same Word he used against
the adversary in the wilderness and I know who was victorious at Calvary.  The
way I understand it the flesh profits - his or ours.  He prevailed by the Spirit.

Hebrews 2:11
(11) For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of
one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Those who are "sanctified" post Calvary?

Hebrews 2:14
(14) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he
also himself likewise took part of the same

Hebrews 2:16-17
(16) For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him
the seed of Abraham.
(17) Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his
brethren

David Miller.