From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote:
> If God was concerned enough about sin to curse his creation at the start then why would he send
> a Redeemer who is under the curse to take care of things?  Does not even make common sense.

1 Corinthians 1:18-19
(18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but
unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will
bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 3:19
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is
written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

I don't connect Jesus having a "fallen nature" to ther cross David, in fact I believe it
detrimental to the whole concept of a "clean, pure, and holy, sacrifice"

Jesus had to come under the curse in order to redeem those who were under
the curse.

He did come under the curse for it is written "cursed is everyone that hangeth on
a tree"  He took the curse for all humanity upon himself at Calvary.

It is kind of like how Moses had to leave the house of Pharaoh in order to
redeem the Israelites.

He left the house of Pharoah because he murdered an Egyptian and that because
he failed to wait on God.  Similar to Abraham and Sarah and their Ishmael.

If God would just wave his hand and deliver people without ever becoming man and
coming under the curse, there would be legal problems.  He would be denying himself
and his system of justice.

How does Jesus having a physical flesh body along with a divine nature deny God's
justice?

It does not readily compute with our common sense, but it is truth nonetheless.

To me a "virgin birth" and God walking about in a physical body does not
compute with ordinary natural common sense.

The preaching of the cross sounds real foolish to the man of common sense,
but it is the power and wisdom of God.

I understand the preaching of the cross to relate to our overcoming sin in our lives
by the power of the cross - that is - through the dunamis which comes from the
resurrection of Christ our Savior.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.