John wrote:
> is this a comparison on Robertson's  part
> of Attic and Koine or of ancient translators
> and modern day translators?

Not exactly any of these choices.  Robertson was hypothesizing about origins
and does not identify Aeolic, Acradocypriot, Attic, Doric, Ionic, or
Homeric.  He was simply comparing what he considered to be the thought
behind the original present tense with the thought behind present tense in
modern Greek.  He certainly wasn't comparing ancient translators with modern
ones.