----- Original Message -----
Sent: February 21, 2006 14:23
Subject: FW: Fw: Continuing repentance

In other words, David does not seem to have taken the point about penance and our modern psychological equivalent.

And probably both views of repentance are true--both kinds are happening. The constant re-orienting, the constant checking the compass and correcting for deviation on the one hand, and the punctiliar turnings on the other.