On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:38:45 -0500 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Christine:The following is an edited response to an edit of your post:
Noone appreciates criticism and, I do mean noone! When that which you revere is criticised, it matters more.
It (Islam), historically, is no more 'bloodthirsty' than Christianity. Check the history.

When one reveres idols it is love to speak the truth to them in the right spirit and more accurately
the above should read "than the caricature of Christianity"  Christ was not bloodthirsty and real
Christians are those being conformed to HIS image. We must be careful before point the finger....

We should not shrink back from questioning the beliefs of 'fomenters'. Who among you cannot take 'The Passion
of the Christ', 'The Last Temptation of Christ', 'Screendoor Jesus'. 'The Apostle', 'Leap of Faith', 'Looking for One-Eyed Jesus' etc.?

Me, I wouldn't give you a dime for any of the above.  Big waste of time and a figment of the imagination
of someone walking in darkness who has too much time on their hands.

Here's another story for those who wish to do the research: 'Ruby Bridges'. Who threatened her and, her family's lives?
(hint 'believers')

No, most definitely not - you don't know what spirit they were of?.

Just came across this article. I am curious as to whether it would be rude to criticize such behavior.

Lance, I recognize that you are correct: criticizing Islam poses a serious risk, as we have seen from the rioting around the world in response to these cartoon wars. These riots show how dangerous this religion is, how blood thirsty. We should not shrink back from questioning their beliefs. To do so would be to allow them rule over their opposition. And believe me, they mean to do so, with or without our pacified acquiescence. Do you not see the importance of questioning everything? Even at the expense of a few hurt feelings? What kind of God is Allah that he cannot take a few cartoons?

Anyhow, here is a touching article about a mother and her daughter. And some children in a hospital.

http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=99327

Al-Bas intended to bomb Be'er Sheva's Soroka Hospital outpatient clinic, where she had been receiving regular treatments for serious burns on 45 percent of her body resulting from a gas stove explosion in her home.

The failed bomber later told Israeli television that her greatest wish was to kill 30 to 50 Israelis, including children. The hospital attack would likely have killed or maimed the very Israeli doctor who had saved her life.

Al-Bas' mother said in the PA TV interview that she knew that her daughter had wanted to be a martyr since she was a little girl, but had not encouraged her - not because she opposed the idea of suicide bombing, but because Wafa was female. "If it was a boy, I would have supported, but since she is a girl I discouraged," she said.

Yahoo! Mail