Yes ,  I charge for the sessions  --------------    $45  for an hour and 20 minutes.    I try to work myself out of a job within 6 sessions but will "coach"  (read:disciple) them afterwards.    I used to offer the help for no charge   --  no one took me serious until they were vested in the program.   If they run out of money during the sessions , they are continued with no further charge.   In almost every case where this has been necessary,  the clients cintinue to be quite involved.

Regarding Joanna's efforts   --  I think  if you review her comments, you will see that she is clearly doing the lord's work as she continues with these who are hurting.

I have quite a prepared rant concerning secular counseling   --  but I tend to keep that to myself.   I am a pastoral counselor, not a healthcare provider.   The rules are different for me than for others and I work within that framing.  If my counseling conflicts with any received by the client,   I cancel the sessions until the client is finished with her provider. .......   too confusing for the subject.

jd

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:01:10 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
When I counsel someone, Judy, do you know how I know that the opportunity is over  --  for absolute certain?
When they quit coming to the meetings.

I guess so JD; if they are not present then there is noone there to counsel.  I don't know if you charge for
your time or what you think is your area of expertise but I do personally believe that finding good counseling
in today's church is like finding hen's teeth for those seeking it while ATST there are a plethora of ppl with
shingles out ready to listen for an hour for $90 to $125.  Are you one of these JD?

We should never  (or, at least, very seldom) decide for the "sinner" when time enough has been spent.  The carnality of the believer often takes long periods of time to overcome  -  even if God alone is the counselor  (ala Job.)

Job's counsellors were more trouble than anything because they had no spiritual discernment which is the
problem with many out there today also.

Apparently, then, we agree that Joana is doing the Lord's work the Lord's way.  jd

I wouldn't make a judgment about that JD; I don't know what Joanna is telling these ppl. If she is giving them a
false security then she is not doing the work of the Lord.  If she is warning them of what is to come that is
another matter entirely.

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>