Hi,

When we started vatnumber module, there was no alternative in the Python
world but now there is python-stdnum which is quite similar but with a
larger scope.
So I started to change vatnumber to use python-stdnum when possible:

    https://code.google.com/p/vatnumber/issues/detail?id=29

I already made a pull request to improve the GB support as we did in
vatnumber. The others are normally correct and in some cases even
better.

So it still misses support for Python 3 in python-stdnum and we should
probably try to include the missing country we have in vatnumber to
python-stdnum.

Once we get a release of vatnumber that uses python-stdnum, we could
use python-stdnum as dependencies for tryton modules like for siret and
IBAN validation without having a lot of duplicate code in both libraries.

Regards,
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com