Hi,
following the idea of release often & release early I wanted to announce
the development of several production-related modules.

Three of those implement routes, operations and operations tracking:

https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-production_route
https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-production_operation
https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-production_operation_tracking

They improve our proposal for a production_operation module for Tryton and
include the feedback and issues arised by Cédric in the mailing list.
Hopefully we'll soon go back to tryton-dev and codereview for the community
to give feedback.

production_route separates process description of how the production should
be done from the actual registration of what workcenters are used in a
production. production_operation thus, includes the costs in the production.

A second group of modules are what we called Product Cost Plan:

https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-product_cost_plan
https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-product_cost_plan_operation
https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-product_cost_plan_margin

A Cost Plan is a document which collects information regarding the planned
costs of a production. Note that it does not require the production to be
created and it is independent from it.

The first module allows the user to choose a product and a BOM as well as
any number of BOMs of subproducts of the main BOM. Then, the user can
choose the estimated costs of each of the raw materials.

The second module extends the first to allow the user estimate the cost of
all the operations of the production.

procut_cost_plan_margin can be used to apply a margin to the cost so the
user can give a sale price to the customer. The module is not limited to
but very appropriate for companies that make productions on customer demand
where each production is different from the previous one.

We're working on another module which links sales with cost plans so it is
able to create a productiou out of a sale line and link the production with
the cost plan. This way, it is later possible to detect differences and
analyse why the cost of the production was different from the planned one.

As always feedback is very welcomed.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/nantic/

--
Albert Cervera i Areny