El 12/07/16 a les 02:29, M. Murray ha escrit:
Re-posting this here, original post located
at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tryton/L6XVbatdtZY

We're already using Tryton and GNU Health - now we want to create some,
initially simple, web-apps that will read and write data to trytond. The
choice is between Django and Flask.

Use case 1: Web app runs in the public talking to trytond in a private
network over XMLRPC or JSONRPC
In this case, Django and Flask on equal footing in terms of tryton
integration - we need a client library.

Have you though about using flask-tryton accessing a database on another server? this will be possible if you deploy the trytond code on the server running the web app and allow access on the database from the other server.

Use case 2: Web app runs in the same server as trytond, accessible to
people who also have tryton logins - flask-tryton gives flask an
advantage here.

However, we feel that Flask is less nice than Django for building
web-apps whose requirements are not fully known in the beginning.

For this reason, we have decided to build a custom Django Database
Backend that uses trytond as it's database. It would work in two
different ways, depending on the backend-class that you select. One
backend class would talk to a remote trytond over jsonrpc and the other
would talk to a local trytond by importing stuff from trytond.* (similar
to how flask-tryton works).

I don't know so much about django backends, but IMHO this is reinventing the wheel, so I will prefer using flask-tryton (which is already mantained) instead of building a new backend from the scratch that you will have to maintain.

Comments, warnings and suggestions please.

---
MM

Groups "tryton-contrib" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tryton-contrib/73768e3c-0fde-4830-b544-7bbf8e12b724%40googlegroups.com