On 05/12/11 07:47 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> A Dilluns, 5 de desembre de 2011 00:00:34, Cédric Krier va escriure:
> > On 04/12/11 21:47 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> > > As $subject says, think we should convert the relationship between
> > > account.invoice and account.move from a Many2One to a One2One because
> > > that better represents their relationship. I think we should also make
> > > it browsable from account moves to invoices because that's a very usual
> > > need when implementing new accounting modules. We should simply add the
> > > 'invoice' field as a One2One in account.move.
> >
> > I don't see any advantage. I will prefer to try to prevent bloating the
> > account.move table with field that are not always needed or meaningful.
>
> Well, there are two questions here: One is to make the relationship a One2One
> and the other one to add the field to account.move. For the former I think
> that
> it is better because that's simply the relationship that exists between
> Invoices and Moves. You cannot have an invoice with several moves

This is to be proven.

> nor a move
> with several invoices, so that makes sense to me.

Yes but this can be done with a uniq constraint on the move field of
invoice.

And also there is many moves that are not linked to a invoice.

> About adding the field from account.move, I think it's a good thing for the
> API
> to have, although that could be added in another module if it's not wanted in
> account_invoice module, but we've found many times the need for browsing from
> account.move or account.move.line to its invoice. For both programmers and
> users. Shouldn't the user be able to move from an account move (and move
> line)
> to the corresponding invoice instead of having to move to the invoices menu
> option and search there?

It can be a function field but this mean that an invoice could only have
1 move. Also I think the account.* must be keep at low level.
Perhaps a better solution is to use a relate action.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4