* Cédric Krier: " Re: [tryton-dev] Bugtracker access right" (Sun, 6 Apr 2014
  01:15:12 +0200):

> On 06 Apr 00:54, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > * Cédric Krier: " [tryton-dev] Bugtracker access right" (Sat, 5 Apr 2014
> >   23:52:40 +0200):
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > For now, every user had the right to remove any msg or file from the
> > > bugtracker. I find it very annoying as we already got (spam)bot that
> > > does it (needed to retire the corrupted user) and also users who wrongly
> > > remove message preventing to have a clear picture of the history of an
> > > issue.
> > > So I write a patch that only allows Admin users to remove:
> > > http://codereview.tryton.org/4931002/
> > > The patch is already temporary applied on the instance for testing
> > > purpose.
> > > In case if someone really wants with a valid reason to remove a message
> > > then he could ask to one of the Admin.
> >
> > Hiding a msg to replace it with a new one is the only way to correct
> > messages.
>
> This is a false idea because you don't replace it as everyone will any
> way receive the message by email. It is much better to have a second
> message explaining the correction than trying badly to hide the error.

Of course it is possible to replace a message silently as long as there is no
one on the nosy list. And then still not *everyone* will get the messages, but
only nosy list. And for later reference it is still cleaner to only have a
corrected message.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6