On 06 Apr 12:51, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> * Cédric Krier: " Re: [tryton-dev] Bugtracker access right" (Sun, 6 Apr 2014
>   11:52:46 +0200):

> > > No it is not. It is rewritting history.
>
> No, it is not. It is unlinking a msg from an issue. And linking a better
> suitable msg to the issue. A tracker is not a VCS and history is preserved
> completely and transparently (take a look at the bottom of the issue).

Yes, it is historized so it is pointless to remove it except creating
confusion.

> >  It is specially because people
> > > has this behavior that I want to remove the button.
>
> First it was the spambot, now you changed your mind?

No, please read correctly.

> > It should only be
> > > used to remove inappropriate message and this should be exceptional.
> > > For example, bugs.python.org, bugs.gentoo.org (and as far as I see
> > > bugs.debian.org) don't have such button.
> >
> > This is also the configuration of roundup tracker.
>
> Hiding of messages AFAIK is a default feature of roundup.

Don't know what you name default feature.
But as I pointed one of the big user of roundup (Python) removed/did not
implement the feature. And the bugtracker of roundup has exactly the
same behavior as I did in my patch.

> Please don't get in over-control.

We have to when people doesn't behave correctly. And I bet we will have
to do more overtime with finer access right to fields etc.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com