On 12 May 19:07, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> > On 12 May 18:00, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> >> El 12/05/14 17:28, Cédric Krier ha escrit:

> >> We have this problem too with modules that add constraints to models, and
> >> breaking more than one module, and we are trying to find a more generic
> >> solution.

> >> I think it's better to make tests that doesn't take in account other
> >> existing modules, so i will be better if we can get rid of the constraint.
> >>
> >> May dropping and recreating the db should do the trick?
> >
> > Running tests for 1 kind of database already takes 4 hours if we do what
> > you suggest it will take about 2 weeks.
>
> Maybe we could cache the database depending on module dependencies. That is:
>
> Module B depends on A and module C also depends on A (but does not depend on
> B).
>
> So after running tests of A we cache that database. When running B
> tests we pick the database from cache and run the tests on it. When
> running C tests we also pick the database from cache and run the tests
> on it.

That's become very complex.
Indeed, the current test implementation was based on the idea that
module should be independent if they are not dependent. And so with the
current design it will show when it is not the case and it should be
fixed.
So here, the module account_stock_continental has a side effect because
it adds required fields on product. When other modules like sale or
purchase does it, they do it in a independent way because the
requirement depend on a flag.

I'm wondering if instead of my current patch, we should not add a flag
on product (or on configuration model) to activate the stock accounting.
It will remove the side effect of the account_stock_continental.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com