El 28/05/14 11:59, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
I created a patch [1] that is a POC for a support of multi-notebook in the
client. The idea is to follow the well-known behavior of browser with
the SHIFT-click to open in a new window (which could be seen as a new
notebook).
Have you investigated in how to separate notebooks to new windows like done on browsers?

So the client in case of SHIFT-click on a window action will
create on the fly a new notebook of the most right. For now it shows
only the 2 last notebooks at the same time (it is a NOTEBOOKS variable
in main.py).
I this that this is sufficient, i have a big screen (27') and It's confusing with more than 2 notebooks (tested with another client with the menu hidden).
I think this functionnality could be useful on large screen and when
people want to compare records etc.
Very nice work!

Some comments:

If you open another relate on the second notebook, actualy it shift the notebooks, and hides the first one opened. This is some kind of magic, so a message of what happened would be very welcome.

If you do it from the menu, it only opens the second notebook, so I think we must have the same behaviour than doing it from relates.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com