On 27 Feb 15:47, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to push the issue3320 [1] before the 3.6 release.
> >> As it is quite a big workflow change, I would like to have feedback on
> >> it.
> >
> > Though I did not test the patch:
> >
> > - I like the general workflow and it is, in fact, what we're already
> > using in our installs
> > - I would consider making it possible to use the "convert button"
> > several times. So it is possible to create another sale instead of
> > creating a new one and using the origin or instead of duplicating the
> > existing sale. We did that change and renamed "Convert" to "Create
> > sale". In fact, for me "Convert" is misleading as a conversion is when
> > you convert a lead into a paying customer [1].

I think the convert is the correct term.
Also I don't think it is a good default behaviour to allow clicking many
times the button but I don't see anything that will prevent a module to
active it.

> > - Also I think that it is good that whenever possible the workflow can
> > go backwards and if the user mistakenly pushes the Convert button,
> > even if he removes the sale afterwards, the opportunity stays in
> > Converted state (didn't test it but looks to me that this is what
> > happens looking at the code)

OK.

> > - Not sure if that should be in the core module but:
> >
> >   - It'd be nice to make the module work without the need of creating
> > a sale (that is, being able to push a "won" button) as some business
> > do sales without creating sale documents.

I think there is something wrong in this sentence "do sales without
sale".
I don't think it is the goal of this module to be a generic stuff that
generate any kind of other stuffs. Its name make it clear that it is for
sale.

> >   - It'd be nice to make it possible to use other "sale" models, such
> > as contracts (we already talked about that somewhere else). I
> > understand this would require those other models to be prepared, but
> > I'm unsure if it also requires some other artifacts in the core
> > module.

Same as above. Without talking that contract is an informal beast.

> One more thing, this one related more to the sale module. Maybe we
> should consider adding the "Lost" state to sales too. There is already
> cancelled, but I think that should be something different.

No, otherwise there is no usage of the sale_opportunity module.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com