* Cédric Krier: " [tryton-dev] Database schema name limit" (Thu, 21 May 2015
  17:52:57 +0200):

> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a limitation with how trytond generate the table name for a
> ModelSQL. Databases have different length limitation for schema name.
> For example,
> PostgreSQL has the limit to 64 when Oracle has the limit to 30
> (yes I'm working on an Oracle backend).
>
> I don't want that we change our naming convention because it is quite
> good and reducing the name will just bring a lot in readability.
> And we will be forced to use the least common constraint.
>
> So my idea is to have a configuration section which will provide the
> table name to use for a Model.
>
> Example:
>
> [table]
> account.invoice.payment_term.line.relativedelta = acc_inv_pt_l_reldelta
> account.payment.sepa.message = acc_payment_sepa_msg
>
> Of course such configuration could not be modified once a database has
> been created (or the table should be renamed).
>
> Side effect, it could also be used to fix naming conflict between 2
> unrelated module (at the database level not Model.__name__).
>
> What do you think?

The backside of this translation table is, that you have to know beforehand all
tables in your database, before you install them and that it has to be done
manually.

What about a configuration option 'oracle_compatibility = True', that will slug
the ususal names in a reproducible way?

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6