On 23 May 11:01, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> * Cédric Krier: " [tryton-dev] Database schema name limit" (Thu, 21 May 2015
>   17:52:57 +0200):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm facing a limitation with how trytond generate the table name for a
> > ModelSQL. Databases have different length limitation for schema name.
> > For example,
> > PostgreSQL has the limit to 64 when Oracle has the limit to 30
> > (yes I'm working on an Oracle backend).
> >
> > I don't want that we change our naming convention because it is quite
> > good and reducing the name will just bring a lot in readability.
> > And we will be forced to use the least common constraint.
> >
> > So my idea is to have a configuration section which will provide the
> > table name to use for a Model.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > [table]
> > account.invoice.payment_term.line.relativedelta = acc_inv_pt_l_reldelta
> > account.payment.sepa.message = acc_payment_sepa_msg
> >
> > Of course such configuration could not be modified once a database has
> > been created (or the table should be renamed).
> >
> > Side effect, it could also be used to fix naming conflict between 2
> > unrelated module (at the database level not Model.__name__).
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> The backside of this translation table is, that you have to know beforehand
> all
> tables in your database, before you install them and that it has to be done
> manually.

Yes but any way, any *real* production installation will require to
customize the database schema. I always thought that Tryton will never
generate the perfect schema but only a minimal working schema.

> What about a configuration option 'oracle_compatibility = True', that will
> slug
> the ususal names in a reproducible way?

The problem is not oracle. The problem is the limitation that all
databases have.
But if you have a better solution, I will be graceful to evaluate.
For example, a good algorithm to generate size compatible from Model
name.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com