Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:17:38 +0100
Sergi Almacellas Abellana <se...@koolpi.com>:

>El 22/02/16 a les 13:19, 'Udo Spallek' via tryton-dev ha escrit:
>> Hi,

>> IMHO it could be good for having different locale support in reports.
>>
>> When you have customers in England und USA both understand English.
>> But for a date like 04/07/2016 you'll need separate date styles to
>> understand. Customers in GB expects DD/MM/YYYY date style.
>> Customers in US expecting MM/DD/YYY AFAIK…
>So you can mark both as translatable and duplicate the translations
>with a simple query.

Yes, sounds viable, although I never try this way.
But I am not sure if the duplication of translation would be well
maintainable.

There are just some countable differences in translations for en_US and
en_GB, same with de_DE, de_AT, de_CH and de_BE, same for fr_BE and
fr_FR. And I am sure with Spanish and Portuguese language in Europe and
America it is the same.

Maybe it would be better maintainable, when a translation of a
language can depend on another language translation as a fall-back?
This way it sounds more efficient to maintain language similarities
together and only the language differences separated.

Regards Udo