On 2016-09-05 11:07, edbo.des...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, 1 September 2016 10:10:03 UTC+2, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have feedbacks on this topic and implementation:
> > https://discuss.tryton.org/t/support-user-application/183
> >
> > I think it could be a major improvement for Tryton and allow to create
> > "killer features".
> >

> I'm also liking this. But instead putting it in __init__.py is it possible
> to put it in a separate file? e.g. webextension.py

There are no strict rule but for me, it has the same semantic as the
register method which is registering available resources.
But I do not think it is right to use the name webextension.py because
routes are not limited to web-extension. Probably routing.py will be
better.

> > I would like also to have feedback on Chronos especially the design
> > because the goal is to be very fast at timesheet encoding.
> >

> I think it's out of scope, but for javascript I'm using EmberJS as my
> framework, it's a bit like Tryton :-) : framework and modules (in EmberJS
> called components). In EmberJS an adapter which is keen enough to connect
> to Tryton and talks http://jsonapi.org/ is already their.

But emberjs depends on Jquery so it will make Chronos bigger.
Also Chronos is a very simple application and indeed I first planned to
have no dependencies at all (no jQuery nor bootstrap). But I could
easily remove usage of jQuery but bootstrap would require a lot of work
to provide good css. And as bootstrap depends on jQuery, I did not
prevent to use it when it simplifies the code.
The chronos.zip is only 450K while ember.js-2.8.0 is alone 1.1M.

So I will welcome any patch that removes bootstrap from Chronos while
keeping the same UI design. This should reduce chronos to probably less
than 100M.

Back to the main topic, I do not think Tryton should force any tools on
the user application side. And the most important is to create agnostic
API on the modules side.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com