We faced this problem last year and worked on scaling trytond this way

   - Shared Cache on Redis
   - Load balance with Nginx
   - Sync mechanism via redis PUB/SUB to reload Pool

Description of Coog (trytond spécialized ERP)
here: http://coopengo.com/coog-v1-6-nouvelle-architecture/
Implementation on a trytond fork: https://github.com/coopengo/trytond
For more details or help using it, send me an email

Sorry if it is still a custom code, we plan to discuss all this stuff in
TUB 2016 and hopefully get part of them in tryton out of the box.