I'll try to be more specific;
Are there any b2ck clients or important companies using tryton with
tryton hosted on a VPS in a datacenter that they do not own (also
other websites hosted) connected to the internet, and accessing it
over the internet with thin clients.
If so their important data is not in their own building, so is it
safe; can't it be accessed by hackers?

Maybe it is safe, and they just make local backups of their online
database, because by law they must have their data inside their
building?

Myabe I am still stuck with old ideas coming from using desktop
applications...

Hope the question is clear.