Dear All,

We have decided to use analytic account for recording department-wise
impact of expenses. Now, we have to allocate budgets to various
departments. How can it be done?

I think we should be able to set the opening balances for various analytic
account; am I right? If so, how can it be done?

I also request you guys to suggest me the best analytic accounts hierarchy
from the following two options to record Maintenance Expense for various
departments.

1. Open one Maintenance GL Account. Create one analytic accounts for each
department. When maintenance expense is recorded in Maintenance GL Account,
record the expense in corresponding department's analytic account. In this
case, all other expenses, like entertainment, will also be recorded to
departments analytic account.

2. Open one Maintenance GL Account. Create one analytic accounts for each
department. And, within each department create expense accounts like
maintenance expense, entertainment expense etc. When maintenance expense is
recorded in Maintenance GL Account, record the expense in corresponding
maintenance expense analytic account of that department. In this case,
every expense will be recorded to its specific analytic expense account of
a department.

Best Regards,
Khurram.