On 2016-08-30 00:15, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have decided to use analytic account for recording department-wise
> impact of expenses. Now, we have to allocate budgets to various
> departments. How can it be done?
>
> I think we should be able to set the opening balances for various analytic
> account; am I right? If so, how can it be done?

We do not have yet a budget module. I wrote sometimes ago a blueprint
but never implemented:
http://hg.tryton.org/deprecated/tryton.wiki/file/tip/BudgetModule.wiki
The blueprint could be revived on
https://discuss.tryton.org/c/feature/accounting

> I also request you guys to suggest me the best analytic accounts hierarchy
> from the following two options to record Maintenance Expense for various
> departments.
>
> 1. Open one Maintenance GL Account. Create one analytic accounts for each
> department. When maintenance expense is recorded in Maintenance GL Account,
> record the expense in corresponding department's analytic account. In this
> case, all other expenses, like entertainment, will also be recorded to
> departments analytic account.
>
> 2. Open one Maintenance GL Account. Create one analytic accounts for each
> department. And, within each department create expense accounts like
> maintenance expense, entertainment expense etc. When maintenance expense is
> recorded in Maintenance GL Account, record the expense in corresponding
> maintenance expense analytic account of that department. In this case,
> every expense will be recorded to its specific analytic expense account of
> a department.

I have no real opinion except that 1 will probably be easier for user as
there will be less analytic account to choose from.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com