Le 27/05/2016 à 09:42, Richard PALO a écrit :
As indicated https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5168 I'm trying to see how to
approach (as suggested) under 4.0
a function field 'searcher' that operates on 'sum' fields as the patch which
worked on 3.8 no longer does.

The issue is that since 4.0 the balance and GL reports are huge and, as such,
somewhat unuseable as they
include *all* accounts, including those with a start balance of 0 *and* no
movements (D/C).

Under the French plan (PCG), I have for example in a company a balance
generating 40 pages of output
for only 28 accounts usually printing on two pages.

NB: there are over 1200 accounts defined in the French plan

The General Ledger prints 948 pages (!) mostly throw away.

It should be possible to generate [periodic] balance or GL reports including
only the
movements in the period (thus without start balance) as well.

This, unfortunately, has turned into a blocker to migrate production to 4.0 for
the moment.

How would a 'searcher' be able to do this in the first place?
Is there a good example already implemented in the existing modules to take a
look at?

To me, it still seems more logical to have a global 'default' option 'with
start balance'
and only, always, generate accounts with movements.

(That is, generating 'all' accounts is perhaps something that could better be
done from
configure->accounts or perhaps a even a new report under account plan)

I'd like to solicit other experiences/observations/suggestions from the
community.

cheers

Given that 4.2+ will be the basis for any future platform certification
(in particular for purposes of legal requirements in France),
I'd like to renew the call to see if anybody has worked on adding the
afore mentioned options to general ledger and balance reports.

Having not had more than cursory time myself, perhaps a crowd funding approach
is more
appropriate.  We would certainly participate!

Anybody get further into prototype mode in order to propose a blueprint
supporting,
in addition to 'all' as is currently:
1. with 'start balance <> 0'
and/or
2. with 'end balance <> 0'
and/or
3. with movements (in the period)

seems there should probably also be an option simply to include or not the
'start balance' as well
while suppressing the non-intuitive behaviour currently of 4.x selecting by
default only the first account.

There seems to miss as well a means to be able to select only non-reconciled
entries (relative to the
accounting year), which appears to be a crucial need expressed by accountants
and legal auditors.

cheers
--

Richard PALO