Le 04/12/2016 à 04:06, Cédric Krier a écrit :
On 2016-12-03 13:37, Richard PALO wrote:
Anybody get further into prototype mode in order to propose a blueprint
supporting,
in addition to 'all' as is currently:
1. with 'start balance <> 0'
and/or
2. with 'end balance <> 0'
and/or

I think written is quite complex because it is a SQL SUM but with
cumulate of previous fiscal year.
So I think probably the easiest will be to write a searcher that will
filter the records using python evaluation for each record. This is not
very performant but it should be OK as the number of account should not
be too large.

This is what more or less what I concluded.

We have easily 20-30K general ledger entries per year (ignoring analytic)
which I consider small to medium for an SME.

As a side note, seems a bit heavy if tryton needs to read all previous
years to get starting balance (I most certinaly hope not).
This is one of the benefits of having an annual opening balance as is
traditionnally done (not to mention it expressly provides for independent
accounting years, a fundamental principle in accounting).
In any event, one must not be myopic as to the number of fiscal years.

3. with movements (in the period)

This could probably be done by creating a Function field that returns
the number of moves.

seems there should probably also be an option simply to include or not the
'start balance' as well

Do you mean that you want to have a column with debit - credit ?

Well, for a balance report, it is useful to have either extra column for
initial balance, or both debit and credit,
but this is probably a simple matter of report formatting which could be site
specific.

For GL it is typically an additional line prior to the moves for the period.

while suppressing the non-intuitive behaviour currently of 4.x selecting by
default only the first account.

That's default behaviour to select the first record, I do not think it
will change.

For a report, this is not intuitive though perhaps a 'selection only' option
that limits output to what is
selected on the screen could continue to provide current behaviour... But have
you tried to select only used
accounts (say 200-300) out of 1200 in e.g. the French accounting plan?

There seems to miss as well a means to be able to select only non-reconciled
entries (relative to the
accounting year), which appears to be a crucial need expressed by accountants
and legal auditors.

I do not understand exactly what you mean. For me, there is no sense to
care about non-reconciled per fiscal year. Also I do not see the point
to care about them individually, we have the Aged Balance for that.

Balance is not interesting for this, although auxiliary balance/GL is also
necessary,
what is expected is a GL *detailing* only non-reconciled entries, typically for
year-end
(or periodic situation) closing.
There are many examples such as in SAGE, CEGID, Unit4(if I remember well) ....

--
Richard PALO