Dear Sergi,

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Sergi Almacellas Abellana <se...@koolpi.com
> wrote:

> El 21/03/17 a les 11:58, Khurram Shahzad ha escrit:
>
>> Dear All,
>>

> Hi Khurram,
>

>> I have created a model and given 'read' and 'write'  access to a user. I
>> have placed an action button on this model's form view so that user can
>> start a wizard which uses the ID of the model to do something. The user
>> can see the button enabled and can start the wizard by clicking it.
>>
>> Now. what we want is to disallow the user to 'change' the record. For
>> this, we removed 'write' access from the user. As a side effect, the
>> action button was also disabled. How can we keep this action button
>> enabled with read only access on the model?
>>

> You should explicitly gran access to this button to the user [1]. If no
> access rules exist for the button only users with write access on the model
> are allowed to click it[2]
>
> Hope it helps!
>

> [1] http://doc.tryton.org/4.2/trytond/doc/topics/access_rights.
> html?highlight=button#button
> [2] http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/file/dc9bcb369211/trytond/model
> /modelview.py#l596

Thanks a lot.

I opened Admin -> Model -> Model Access -> Buttons and tried to create a
new record but I can not enter the values for Model and Name. The only
thing I can select is the group which is not sufficient to save the record.
Is this the right place to add access rule for buttons? Or, I should define
these rules in the xml files?
--

Regards,
Khurram.