Hi,

On 18 Jun 2018, at 16:29, Cédric Krier wrote:
If I understand correctly, the error here is to make an internal
shipment from Location(type=supplier) to Location(type=customer).
If I do an Internal Shipment from Consignment Supplier S1 to Consignment Client C1 the item will be purchased from S1, this is not what I wish.

I do not understand what is the problem and neither what does it matter
the "purchased from"?
Before selling something, you must buy it first so this means that the
product must be taking out of the supplier location to a storage
location. Then it can be sold to the customer.

In fact I’m really confused by your last sentence.
Seems that sometimes locations are real places where products are located and sometimes they are symbolic places meaning whom they belong to and in what state they are. [1] mentions « real places » and « virtual locations ».

So to sell a product from a supplier location (meaning it belongs to the supplier), but really located at client address, to that client, I need to encode a shipment from that supplier location to an intermediary storage ? This shipment would be virtual, no item really moved. Only their status changed, from « consigned=at client address, waiting to be sold » to « invoiced=bought by the client ».

So in your case, I would make it like this:

- Customer

   - Main consignment
      - Supplier consignment
      - Consignment

I would register sales with internal shipment from Consignment to
Customer and refill Consignment using the Supplier consignment.
I would put no product in Main consignment, it would be better to have
it as a view but it is not supported for now.

Ok, will try this. In your scheme is Customer the already defined generic and unique Customer location or is it a new location specific to that Customer ? And where is the necessary storage type: is it Consignment ?

I still do not understand, this is the exact same sentences. I do not
understand what are the names used: client and customer storage.

Maybe it’s simply that I don’t understand this sentence:
The consignment stock at customer warehouse is managed by creating a storage location under the customer location. [2]

Does « customer » mean here Location(type=customer), ie the already created Location(code=CUS) ?
Or a Location(type=warehouse, name=MyCustomer) to be created ?

Thanks for your patience,

1. http://doc.tryton.org/4.6/modules/stock/doc/index.html
2. http://doc.tryton.org/4.6/modules/stock_consignment/doc/index.html

Jean-Christophe Michel
\--
![SYMÉTRIE, livres et partitions](http://symetrie.free.fr/signature/symetrie.png "SYMÉTRIE")
---
30 rue Jean-Baptiste Say
69001 LYON
FRANCE

[www.symetrie.com](<https://symetrie.com>)

[![www.facebook.com/symetrie](http://symetrie.free.fr/signature/f.png)](<http://facebook.com/symetrie>) | [![www.twitter.com/symetriecom](http://symetrie.free.fr/signature/t.png)](<http://twitter.com/symetriecom>) | [![www.linkedin.com/company/symetrie-music-publisher](http://symetrie.free.fr/signature/l.png)](<http://www.linkedin.com/company/symetrie-music-publisher>)

tél : +33 (0) 478 29 52 14