On 2018-06-18 18:44, JC Michel wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2018, at 16:29, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >> If I understand correctly, the error here is to make an internal
> >> shipment from Location(type=supplier) to Location(type=customer).
> >> If I do an Internal Shipment from Consignment Supplier S1 to
> >> Consignment
> >> Client C1 the item will be purchased from S1, this is not what I
> >> wish.
> >
> > I do not understand what is the problem and neither what does it
> > matter
> > the "purchased from"?
> > Before selling something, you must buy it first so this means that the
> > product must be taking out of the supplier location to a storage
> > location. Then it can be sold to the customer.
>
> In fact I’m really confused by your last sentence.
> Seems that sometimes locations are real places where products are
> located and sometimes they are symbolic places meaning whom they belong
> to and in what state they are. [1] mentions « real places » and
> « virtual locations ».

Yes they are both.

> So to sell a product from a supplier location (meaning it belongs to the
> supplier), but really located at client address, to that client, I need
> to encode a shipment from that supplier location to an intermediary
> storage ? This shipment would be virtual, no item really moved. Only
> their status changed, from « consigned=at client address, waiting to

Indeed you must store separately products the company owns and products
she does not. Otherwise you can not know.
So it is not a virtual shipment, it represent a real operation.
For example, if you think about the reverse operation, the customer
bring back the product. You have to decide if you send it back also to
the supplier or if you keep it for your stock.
You must also be able to make an inventory of the product the company
owns. This can be done only if you have different locations.

Of course there are the special cases where the company location is
always empty. In this case, it may look strange but it is the cost to
pay to work with all other cases.

> > So in your case, I would make it like this:
> >
> > - Customer
> >
> >    - Main consignment
> >       - Supplier consignment
> >       - Consignment
> >
> > I would register sales with internal shipment from Consignment to
> > Customer and refill Consignment using the Supplier consignment.
> > I would put no product in Main consignment, it would be better to have
> > it as a view but it is not supported for now.
>
> Ok, will try this. In your scheme is Customer the already defined
> generic and unique Customer location or is it a new location specific to
> that Customer ?

It is one per customer because you need to store the party on the
location for invoicing.

> And where is the necessary storage type: is it
> Consignment ?

There is no consignment type.

    Customer: customer
    Main consignment: storage
    Supplier consignment: supplier
    Consignment: storage

> > I still do not understand, this is the exact same sentences. I do not
> > understand what are the names used: client and customer storage.
>
> Maybe it’s simply that I don’t understand this sentence:
> > The consignment stock at customer warehouse is managed by creating a
> > storage location under the customer location. [2]
>
> Does « customer » mean here Location(type=customer), ie the already
> created Location(code=CUS) ?
> Or a Location(type=warehouse, name=MyCustomer) to be created ?

There is two "customer" in the sentence so I do not know which one you
do not understand.
So the "customer warehouse" is something abstract that we do not care
because it is not the company warehouse. So it is any location of type
customer (with the proper consignment party).
The "customer location" is the location with the type customer that will
be used to invoice the customer.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com