This might be of interest to some. The Linux NTFS project page at
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net has some tools that one can use to add
better NTFS support for linux. There are some kernal patches for 2.4.x
kernals that implement some of the new features available in 2.5.x.
Additionally there are some user space tools and documentation. As far as
resizing goes in addition to partition magic, I've located something
called System Commander at http://www.v-com.com/product/sc7_ind.html. From
what I can tell it costs less than PM, so it might be a good choice for
those who don't already have PM, and are concerned about licensing issues
related to using someone else's copy. I haven't found any open source
alternatives for nondestructive NTFS partitioning/resizing, but that
doesn't necessarily mean than one doesn't exist.
--Brandon