Just wanted to let everyone know that ITS has started filtering out
executable attachments for e-mail.  This means that you will not be able
to send files with a .exe extension anymore via e-mail unless you
(preferably) compress it, or rename it.  Also included in the list of
blocked executables are script files including .pl files.

The .pl files are what I thought would be most applicable to this list.
I did not have any say in what the attachments were, so don't blame me.
I just found out and wanted to let everyone know before it became a
problem.  The simple solution is to tar up the files you want to send
before sending them, or even just rename them.  This measure is in place
for Windows users, and I know that such filtering is not helpful for us
Linux users.  However, I think that we can all agree that the
inconvenience is a small price to pay for the protection this should
provide against network-crippling e-mail viruses.

Thanks.

Caleb Jorden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]